This Months Challenge

Ending 30/07/2013:
Pick a book off your shelves that you have yet to read (or that you wish to re-read) that falls into the category: Set in a completely fictional world
Example Authors: Feist, Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, David Gemmell

Sunday 10 March 2013

1/3 of the way through

10 days in to the second challenge, how are we doing?

I'm almost finished Call the Midwife. It's such an amazing book and I love the BBC series, too. What I love is being able to talk to my grandma about it, hearing stories of when she was in London during the war, and how she never saw places like what's described in Call the Midwife. Honestly, it's a frankly harrowing book at times, it's hard to believe that all those events happened barely 60 years ago.

If I finish this book before the month is out, I'm going to continue reading The Crimson Petal and the White, which I'm about half way through. I've had the book for about two years, but I just stopped picking it up. It's really good, so I don't know why I stopped, but it is difficult to read at times.

What book have you decided to read and how far through it are you?

2 comments:

  1. The book for the book club on ADF works for this month's challenge! Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :D leave a review once you've read it for me to post :D

      Delete